When you mention the two words PEANUT and BUTTER to my 15-year-old son, you’re bound to hear “Oh my gosh, I want some!” I’m pretty sure the only word he loves more is BACON.
How to Make a Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheese Ball
The good news is that cheese ball recipes are easy to make without any fancy ingredients. This one needs just 8 ingredients, and I usually have many or all of them on hand:
Stir until smooth. Add the Vanilla and stir to incorporate.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheese Ball
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese softened
- 2/3 cups Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 ¼ cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder unsweetened
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ¾ cups Peanut Butter Chips
- ½ cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- In a bowl combine the Cream Cheese, Peanut Butter, Powdered Sugar, Cocoa Powder and Salt. Stir until smooth.
- Add the Vanilla and stir to incorporate.
Place the mixture into the center of a piece of plastic wrap 1 ½ - 2 feet long. Bring up the corners and form the mixture into a ball. Give the ends a twist and place the ball in the freezer for 1 hour.
Re-form the mixture into a ball if it flattened out and return to the freezer until firm, 4 hours – overnight.
- Before serving remove the ball from the freezer and let sit 10 minutes.
- Add the Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chips to a bowl and roll the ball to coat.
- Hold the ball in one hand over the bowl and fill in the bare spots with chips using the other hand pressing in with the palm of your hand.
- Serve with an assortment of your favorite cookies, crackers, pretzels or apple slices.
Editor note: Originally published on 1/26/2015 and updated 1/6/2019