Mini Apple Pies have the sweet and soft filling with crispy pie on the outside. It’s simple to make and takes less than 20 minutes. It’s one of my favorite dessert recipes.
I used flour tortilla instead of the pie crust for a quick and easy recipe. It’s so easy to make with a few ingredients you already have in your pantry:
- Cinnamon sugar
APPLE PIE FILLING
Apple Pie Filling is easy to make and you can store it in the freezer. Here is how to make it:
Wash, peel and cut apples into small pieces. Mix them with lemon juice and cinnamon sugar. Then in a saucepan over medium heat, add butter and the apple mixture. Cook until apple pieces turns brown and soft. If you are in a rush, add the water and cornstarch mixture. It will thicken much faster.
HOW TO MAKE MINI APPLE PIES
First cut flour tortillas using a round cookie cutter. Add 1 tablespoon of the apple mixture to the middle of a tortillas piece, leaving 1/2 inch border, then add egg wash to the border. Place another tortilla piece on top and use a fork to press together edges of each.
In a deep pot, heat the oil to 375°F. Deep fry the pie for about 3 minutes on each side until the crust turns golden brown. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
Mini Apple Pie Recipe
Mini Apple Pies have sweet and soft filing with crispy pie on the outside. It’s simple to make and takes less than 20 minutes.
- 2-3 apples
- 1.5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 5 flour tortillas 8 or 10 inches
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar
- Wash, peel and cut apples into small pieces.
- Mix with lemon juice, cinnamon and sugar.
- In a sauce pan or skillet over medium heat, add butter and the apple mixture. Cook until the apple pieces/filling are soft and thick. Remove from heat.
- Cut 5 circles from each tortilla using a circular cookie cutter until you have about 24-25 circles.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of the apple pie filling to the middle of a tortilla circle, leaving ½-inch edge, then add egg wash to the edge.
- Place another tortilla circle on top and seal the edges with a fork.
- In a deep pot, add oil and heat to about 375°F. Deep fry the apple pies for about 3 minutes on each side until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove the mini apple pies and drain on paper towels.
- Transfer them to a plate, sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture.
- 10. Serve and enjoy!