You don’t need to cut carbohydrates out of your diet to lose weight or eat well. As long as you’re eating good quality sources of carbs, they can easily form part of a healthy diet.
However, if you’d like to reduce your carbohydrate intake, there are many easy and delicious low-carb meals to choose from. Check out our list of 15 easy low-carb meals – each one is more delicious than the next!
This Sous Vide Shredded Chicken is perfectly juicy and flavorful. It’s a warm bath for your chicken and cooked precisely at the right temperature. It’s probably the easiest way to cook chicken for shredding. It’s completely versatile, too, and makes a great addition to tacos, sandwiches, soups and salads.
If you don’t have an air fryer, get one now! Go ahead! This Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower is a must try! It’s a healthy and low-carb appetizer made without oil. They don’t taste like Buffalo wings, but are certainly healthier.
It’s a copycat Chipotle dish but this Fajita Veggies dish is healthy, colorful, and loaded with caramelized onions and crispy bell peppers. You may wonder why you didn’t make this sooner – it’s easy to recreate this simple grilled recipe at home with just 5 ingredients.
Sweet, spicy and packed full of flavor, Sriracha Shrimp will have non seafood lovers, become lovers. They’re made easily and use the most delicious sriracha sauce! Don’t say anything, but these may be better and healthier than Applebee’s sriracha shrimp.
Packed with protein and definitely perfect for those busy school or work mornings, these low carb breakfast egg muffins are easy to make-ahead for a healthy breakfast on the go. If you really want to get creative, add a few veggies in there to make it more filling.
It’s a fiesta! No, it’s a fajita – a low-carb chicken fajita casserole, that is! It’s flavorful, cheesy, and packed full of protein. Plus, you can’t go wrong with this easy weeknight dinner, especially when it’s gluten-free and perfect for keto and THM.
Cooked in one pan with broccoli and spinach, this keto garlic chicken is cheesy and cooked in one pan. Ready in under 15 minutes, this tasty dish is not only tasty but a great keto option too. Serve it up with some zoodles of pasta.
Cauliflower rice can get a bad rap, but with this Ground Beef and Cauliflower Rice Casserole, you’ll quickly fall in love with it. It’s packed with fresh spinach, beef, and cheese, then combined with cauliflower rice, baked and you’re ready to dive in! It’s a low carb meal the whole family will love.
A soup made in an instant pot? Say it isn’t so! It is! This low-carb taco soup is quick, keto and ready in less than 30 minutes. Bursting with spicy Mexican flavors, you can cook this in a slow cooker as well.
Who doesn’t want a tortilla that won’t make them feel guilty for eating it?! The key here is to get the batter as thin as possible while using coconut flour. It’s a different recipe than the traditional tortilla recipe, so pay close attention to this one.
Made with hearty chunks of chicken and a silky broth, this Low Carb Chicken Mushroom Soup is a fantastic keto recipe. It perfectly blends chicken, vegetables, herbs, and cheese. It’s light, it’s lean, and it’s totally addictive!
Loaded with ground beef and full of chili flavor, satisfying all of your flavor cravings. Keto chili made with loads of ground beef and all that chili flavor you’re craving! Prepare this one for your carb loving friends and family and they’ll devour it! It’s seriously just the best chili ever!
Super easy and a full meal of Mexican flavors, this is the perfect weeknight meal. This low carb turkey taco skillet uses just a few ingredients. Plus, there’s a video tutorial here that’ll walk you through the whole thing! Grab that ground turkey and bell peppers and enjoy!
Ready in just 30 minutes, this is simply the best vegetable soup recipe ever! Stop here if you’re seeking a recipe to walk you through making a healthy vegetable soup or keto low-carb vegetable soup, this one checks off both boxes.
With only 2 net carbs per serving, this low-carb bacon cheeseburger casserole is the low-carb recipe you need in your life. Packed full of cheese and bacon, it’s both filling and delicious!
Easy Low-Carb Shredded Chicken Breasts Recipe
- Sous Vide Immersion Circulator
- Zip-top bags
- Kitchen Tongs
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts fresh or frozen*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Fill a large container or pot with water. Attach the sous vide precision cooker and set the temperature to 149°F (65°C).
- Rub the chicken breasts with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Place the seasoned chicken breasts to a zip-top bag.
- Arrange the breasts in one single layer and then seal the bag using the “water displacement” technique: seal all but one corner of the bag, and slowly place it in cold water. Make sure everything below the zip-line is covered by water. Then seal the rest of the bag.
- Cook for 1 hour. (Make sure the meat is fully submerged while the seams of the bag are above water.)
- When the timer goes off, remove the chicken from the bag. Don’t throw away the juices.
- There are two ways to shred the chicken. You can simply use two forks and pull the chicken meat apart, or you can place the chicken in the bowl of a stand mixer. Use the paddle attachment on the stand mixer and use the speed of 2. You can shred the chicken breasts within 20 seconds.
- If you’d like to add extra moist and flavor to the chicken. Add the liquid from the bag to the shredded chicken and toss to combine.
- Serve the shredded chicken with tacos, sandwiches or pasta immediately. Or freeze in the freezer-friendly containers for future use.
- *If you use frozen chicken breasts, add 20-30 more minutes of cook time in the sous vide water bath.