Potatoes are nutritious, satisfying, and go with almost everything. From casseroles to salads, and soups, we’ve rounded 21 Best Dinner Ideas With Potatoes that your whole family will love!
Easy Dinner Ideas With Potatoes
This is a healthy dinner idea that’s tender and juicy! It’s a simple one-pan wonder seasoned with Italian spices and roasted to perfection. Easy to prepare with minimal cleanup, it’s guaranteed to please!
These potato wedges take less than 30 minutes to make and will satisfy your cravings for Buffalo-style chicken wings. It’s an easy way to make a potato side dish loaded with Buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, cheddar, and gorgonzola.
This is one of the most favorite side dishes at BBQ parties. This recipe offers tried and true variations on the classic theme, as well as secret tips that will punch up the flavor and texture of your next potato salad.
This is a terrific alternative to the deep-fried version. These potato wedges are a great side dish for burgers, chili, falafels, or sandwiches. Choose quality russet potatoes and soak them in hot water to make the outsides extra crispy. Roasting with olive oil makes them as healthy as fries can be.
This recipe makes perfectly golden and crispy fries. The secret is to pre-soak the potatoes in cold water and then deep-fry them twice. It was so delicious!
These potatoes are perfectly baked – soft and fluffy on the inside with nice crispy skin! In this post you’ll find tips for how to bake a potato at 400 and other oven temperatures.
These potato skins are baked to crispy perfection and topped with bacon, cheese and sour cream for a mouthwatering appetizer everyone loves. They make the perfect comfort food at home, as well as a fabulous Game Day appetizer.
This easy recipe combines frozen hash brown potatoes with a few simple ingredients, turning them into a crowd-pleasing casserole. All you have to do is to mix the ingredients, bake, and serve. This is American comfort food at its best—simple and satisfying.
The secret for the best grilled potatoes: start by wrapping them in a foil, then bake in the oven, finally finish them on the grill. They’re tender on the inside and crispy and smoky on the outside!
The Instant pot is a game changer when it comes to cooking potatoes. This recipe gets you to mouth-watering mashed potatoes in 30 minutes.
This is an essential guide to boiling potatoes, whether you want to make them on the stove or in the microwave. Tips on how to choose the right potatoes, how to prep them and get them cooked faster are included.
These smothered potatoes are full of delicious Southern flavors! This easy side dish features spuds, onions, garlic and bell peppers with Cajun seasoning. Smothered potatoes and onions come together in just 20 minutes on the stovetop!
This is always a favorite side at holiday gatherings! It’s a delicious, extra-cheesy version made with 3 different cheeses, onions, and simple pantry ingredients.
A great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes! You can make it in a stand mixer or knead it by hand. Either way, you will soon have that wonderful aroma of freshly baked bread in the house.
A favorite comfort food—savory, creamy, and loaded with bacon, sour cream, and cheese! An added bonus is that you can make it in one pot!
This easy casserole has layers of ham, potatoes and cheese with an au gratin crust on top. Baked in the oven in a cast iron skillet, it’s a hearty and satisfying meal the whole family will love!
This dish is loaded with cheesy potatoes and delicious ham. It’s a great side dish that you can pair with any of your barbecue entrees.
A scrumptious and satisfying side for any meal that offers an exquisite combination of crisp skin and creamy potato. Cheese, sour cream, buttermilk, and bacon all play a major role here. These wonderful potatoes take some time, as all good things do, but it’s totally worth the effort!
This is a warm potato salad that is great for a party. It’s a tangy, salty, and sweet treat!
This is an easy, delicious, and comforting one-pot soup recipe that can be made in under 30 minutes. It is dairy-free and healthy and works as an appetizer, side, or main dish.
This is an impressive side dish that pairs perfectly with chicken, pork, or steak. Potatoes are sliced thinly but only partially to keep the potato together. Then they’re roasted to golden brown perfection. Serve with your favorite toppings for a delicious meal!
Baked Chicken with Green Beans and Potatoes
- 1 lb baby red potatoes quartered
- 12 cherry or grape tomatoes
- 3-4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 lemon sliced into rings
- 4 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary optional
- 3/4 lb green beans trimmed
- fresh parsley optional for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (232°C) and set your oven rack to the upper half. Set aside a large baking sheet.
- Scatter potatoes and tomatoes across the baking sheet. Add chicken breasts in the middle a few inches apart. Rub chicken breasts with 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Sprinkle minced garlic, oregano and thyme across the pan. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the rest of olive oil evenly across. Toss to mix well. Place several lemon slices on top of chicken.
- Butter a piece of parchment paper, and cover the chicken and vegetables with buttered parchment paper (butter side facing down)
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, adding green beans halfway through (see note).
- As soon as clear juice starts to seep out of your chicken breasts, it means that they are cooked through. If chicken looks pale, broil for the last 5 minutes.
- Let your chicken rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Cover with aluminum foil while resting.
- Garnish with optional fresh minced parsley. Serve and enjoy!
- Thick green beans will need 15 minutes, while skinny green beans only take 10 minutes in the oven.