Whether you prefer a simple healthy sandwich or one that’s loaded with delicious ingredients, we have one here that will tantalize your taste buds. From seafood and vegetables to steak and chicken, there’s truly something for everyone.
Read on to discover no less than 19 totally addictive cold sandwiches to enjoy for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. We highly recommend starting at number one and working your way through the list!
There may not be anything better than using the leftover roast beef to make a sandwich. This sandwich is served cold with horseradish and cheese! Perfect for those summer picnics, parties, or even tailgates. Plus, you’ll definitely need two hands to eat this beefy sandwich!
A sandwich loaded with tender, thinly-sliced steak, caramelized onions, greens and mustard all served on lightly toasted bread. You’ll love this steak sandwich, it’s not only flavorful but hearty as well. Perfect for a casual lunch or dinner.
One of the most famous Greek meals. This is a gyro with a twist and made into a classic sandwich. Made with meat, wrapped in a pita, and topped with tzatziki (yogurt sauce). You’ll be overjoyed that these gyros are easy to make at home. Enjoy!
If you’re a gardener, you’ll love that this sandwich calls for garden fresh tomatoes! All you have to do is take two fresh slices of your favorite bread, smother it with mayonnaise, top it with some thickly sliced tomatoes and finish it off with some salt and pepper to taste. Perfection.
Ah, avocados – you may hate them or like them but when made into a sandwich, you may just love them! It’s the cranberries that bring the sugar, the arugula brings the spice, and when combined with the brie and avocado, it makes a vegetarian sandwich that is bursting with flavour.
A keto-friendly sandwich that may just become your new go-to snack! It’s a sandwich using pickles as the outside bun – use dill pickles as they are the perfect mix of sweet and salty! You can throw these together in just 10 minutes or less for lunch or an on-the-go snack.
You’ll definitely thank yourself for making these breakfast sandwiches ahead of time! Made with baked eggs and topped with cheese, sausage, bacon, or ham on an English muffin, they’re both easy and delicious!
If you’re looking for a sandwich that is both meaty and flavorful, this Italian Sub Sandwich has it all! From crispy bread that is layered with mayonnaise and Italian dressing and then piled high with provolone cheese, ham, salami and mortadella. You’ll certainly be full after this sandwich.
Ready in just 20 minutes, this salmon sandwich is a quick and delicious lunch! Made with zesty lemon mayonnaise, arugula and cucumber, they all add a fresh taste and with the bread make up a filling meal. If you’re really in a rush, try prepping the salmon and mayonnaise ahead of time.
Using dill and spicy mustard, this smashed chickpea sandwich is perfect any day of the week! You’ll love and appreciate that not only is this recipe vegan but gluten-free, too!
Easy to make at home, a club sandwich is a delectable deli classic. Perfectly placing together turkey, ham, bacon, Colby jack cheese, lettuce tomato and bacon, this may become your new summer favorite. Serve it with a side of classic potato salad, Greek potato salad, or French fries.
If you’re craving a Caprese sandwich, then stop here! These vegan Caprese sandwiches are not only easy to make but are stuffed with cashew mozzarella, basil, and tomatoes and then drizzled with some balsamic reduction.
It’s a classic sandwich that never gets old! Loaded with tomatoes and lettuce all served up on organic seeded bread. The difference with this sandwich is that it adds in a hard-boiled egg and onions to make it more hearty!
Bologna is a childhood favorite and easily can be eaten on a sandwich plain or fried – it truly is one of those old-school sandwiches. Soft white bread, a bit of mustard and crisp fried bologna!
The egg salad sandwich is and has always been a staple in many households! It’s easy to make and even better to eat. The difference here is that the eggs are cooked on the stove using a steaming method and combined with a dressing, celery, scallions, mayonnaise, and pickle juice! Yum!
Using tender bites of chicken, tossed in a seasoned, creamy dressing with bits of crunchy celery, you’ll love the twist on this chicken salad sandwich. The dressing is made with just a touch of onion powder, salt, pepper, and mayonnaise. If you want, add a touch of fresh lemon juice to brighten it up and use light mayo or skip the mayo to lighten it up!
If you’ve been to a tea party, baby shower or bridal shower then it’s probably a guarantee that you’ve tried Cucumber Sandwiches! They certainly do make the perfect addition! Made with just a few ingredients, they’re simple, fresh, and so delicious! Delicate, dainty, and delicious, what more could you ask for?!
For those meatless Mondays or really any day of the week that you’re looking for a vegan breakfast option. These vegan breakfast bagel sandwiches come together with fluffy plant-based egg, dairy-free cheese, sliced tomato, and smashed avocado. Top it with your favorite veggies and you can have a full meal in one sitting!
This sandwich has it all – mayonnaise, cranberry sauce, fresh turkey. A great way to use up that leftover turkey, this sandwich pairs perfectly with cranberry sauce – it’s like a turkey dinner with every bite!
Best Roast Beef Cold Sandwich Recipe
- Non-stick Skillet
- Mixing Bowl
- 1 red onion sliced into rings
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons creamed horseradish or 1 tablespoon freshly grated horseradish
- ¾ cup mayonnaise see note
- ¾ cup sour cream see note
- 2 tablespoons mustard Dijon or yellow
For the Sandwich
- 6 kaiser rolls or similar buns
- 1 pound roast beef sliced
- 6 slices provolone cheese or Swiss cheese
- 1 cup arugula or microgreens
- 1 large tomato sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute the Onions (You can skip this step if you prefer to use raw onions): Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add the oil and onions. Sauté for 10 to 12 minutes stirring regularly, adding the balsamic vinegar halfway through. Once the onions are nicely brown and caramelized, remove from heat.
- Make the Sauce: In a medium bowl, mix together the horseradish, mayo, sour cream and mustard. Set aside.
- Prepare to Assemble: Set up an assembly station by laying out the roast beef, cheese slices, arugula, sliced tomato, onions, sauce and buns.
- Toast the Buns: Preheat the oven or griddle to 350°F. Brush the buns lightly with olive oil. Then put them in the hot oven or griddle for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Assembly: Spread the horseradish cream sauce onto the bottom buns. Sprinkle on some arugula or greens. Add several slices of roast beef followed by some salt and pepper. Layer on the caramelized onions, cheese, tomatoes and a few more greens. Add the tops of the buns and serve.
- Onions: If you are in a rush, you can skip sauteeing the onions and put them on raw.
- Mayo: Use real mayo instead of whipped topping for the best taste. For a lighter option, you can use light mayo.
- Sour Cream: You can use light sour cream for a lighter option.