Chicken tenders are delicious, easy, and fast to cook. From pan-seared chicken tenders to chicken tender fajitas, to Buffalo chicken tenders, we’ve rounded up 12 of the best Chicken Tender Dinner Ideas.
Best Chicken Tender Dinner Ideas
A flavorful meal packed full of tender chicken, bell peppers and onions, sheet pan chicken fajitas are simply baked in the oven. The best part, they’re ready in just 30 minutes!
Vibrantly colorful, grilled chicken tenderloin salad is flavorful and made with healthy boneless, skinless, chicken breast tenderloins. Mixed together with some spicy flavors and served over a refreshing and cool salad – it doesn’t get any better than that!
Some great options here that can produce a week’s worth of meals! The better news: All it will take you is seven minutes. Use these tasty tenders for salads, as a main dish with vegetables, or as a pizza topping!
Fresh, healthy and Paleo. We’re confident the whole family will enjoy these!
Served on its own, or on a bed of cauliflower rice. Great recipe for leftovers too. Prepped and served in less than 60 minutes!
How does a mix of parmesan cheese and a variety of spices on your next chicken tender sound? Well, read on! Baked as well, so just pop them in the oven and you’re set to go. Ready in 20 to 30 minutes, and your kids can help out as well!
A clean eating recipe, these honey garlic chicken tenders are sweet and buttery! Cooking these correctly will leave them with a golden brown crisp outer shell while staying juicy and tender on the inside. Be sure to let these tenders marinate for at least 5-10 minutes before cooking.
Look no further than this recipe if you’re seeking out a way to make extra crispy chicken tenders. Here you will find a recipe that will have your chicken tenders bursting with flavor and can easily be labeled the ultimate finger food!
Juicy and flavorful, and 24 grams of protein! Make sure you marinate your chicken first for 30 minutes to eight hours. Don’t overcrowd your grill with the tenders. And allow your chicken to rest or cool down for five minutes before cutting and serving.
Super simple and completely flavorful! Mustard chicken tenders can be served as is, over rice or on a salad. You might think that a ½ cup of mustard seems extreme but you’ll be thankful for this recipe when you’re done! It is the perfect amount of mustard mixed with garlic, paprika, lemon juice and tarragon.
On the Keto diet? Thinking it’s difficult to find delicious recipes that are keto-friendly? Well, these buffalo keto chicken tenders are keto friendly and low carb. The breading sticks perfectly to the chicken to form the outer shell, making these perfect for dipping!
A 5-minute chicken tender recipe, with only five ingredients? Sign me up! This is a kid-friendly recipe as well that can be baked or broiled. If you do broil, keep an eye on your chicken as it can burn or dry out quickly.
Gluten-free and keto friendly?! These chicken tenders are not only incredibly flavorful and extra tender. Plus, if you’re not a fan of fried foods, these chicken tenders are baked not fried! The secret here is that they are marinated in sour cream and the perfect spice mix.
Easy Chicken Tender Dinner Idea: Baked Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 bell peppers red, yellow or green, seeds removed
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder or minced garlic
- 2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 8 flour tortillas 8 inch size
Garnishes – optional
- lime wedges
- fresh cilantro chopped
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Set aside a large baking sheet.
- Place the onions and bell peppers on a work surface and slice into 1/2-inch wide pieces. Next, cut the chicken into 1/2-inch wide strips. Note: You may find it helpful to freeze the chicken for 30 minutes to firm the meat up for easier slicing.
- Scatter the chicken, peppers, onions and peppers evenly across the baking sheet. Sprinkle cumin, chili powder, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper on top and drizzle with oil.
- Using tongs or two spoons, toss all ingredients on the pan to coat evenly.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and use tongs stir chicken and vegetables. Then slide them one-quarter of the way over, to make space for tortillas.
- Mop up excess juices with a paper towel, and then add the tortillas to the pan. Return to the oven and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and squeeze optional fresh lime on top. Serve in tortillas with optional cilantro, sour cream and avocado.
- Fajita Seasoning: Use 1 1/2 tablespoons if you’re using storebought or premade seasoning.
- Leftovers: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days (see how long cooked chicken lasts in the fridge for more details).