Why eat regular-shaped pasta when you can have bow ties? Also called farfalle, bow tie pasta is a type of pasta shaped like a bow tie or butterfly. The name ‘Farfalle’ actually means ‘butterflies’ in Italian.
While you can certainly use any pasta to create these dishes, we love the visual interest created by these elegant and sometimes colorful bow ties. Plus, it’s a great way to convince the little ones to try these dishes, too!
This creamy farfalle pasta checks all of the boxes: it’s easy to prepare, has great flavor, and is ready to serve in just 30 minutes. It’s perfect for weeknight meals!
Enjoy the flavors of a classic BLT sandwich as a salad! Enjoy this light and flavorful salad on a warm summer evening.
This one-dish meal features shrimp, broccoli, farfalle pasta, and parmesan cheese. It’s hearty, comforting, and perfect for a weeknight meal.
This hearty farfalle with meat sauce will satisfy the biggest of appetites! Serve it with a fresh garden salad for a complete meal.
If you’re looking for a hearty dish that’s also easy to make, this Instant Pot Beef and Bowtie Pasta is the answer. It’s ready to serve in under 30 minutes and cooks up beautifully every time.
This delicious pasta dish is impressive enough to serve to guests. The salmon is perfectly cooked and you’ll love the creamy sauce. Add a fresh garden salad for a complete meal.
This copycat recipe of The Cheesecake Factory’s farfalle with chicken and roasted garlic is amazing! Serve this comforting dish with a side of crisp garlic bread for a meal your family will love.
A can of tuna and some frozen peas come together with farfalle pasta to create a healthy meal that’s also economical! It takes just 15 minutes to make and is perfect for busy weeknights.
This grilled chicken and pesto farfalle is perfect for a summer meal. Enjoy it with a glass of your favorite white wine.
Enjoy the rich flavors of lasagna in a dish that takes just 17 minutes to make! Your family will be begging for seconds.
This Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Marsala Pasta is ready to enjoy in under 30 minutes. Your guests will never know how easy it was to prepare!
Serve this healthy pasta dish for next week’s Meatless Monday dinner! It’s loaded with good-for-you ingredients and is super easy to make.
If you’re looking for a new vegan-friendly pasta dish, give this one a try. It’s hearty, satisfying, and the bolognese sauce is amazing!
Your family will love the flavor and textures of this comforting one-dish meal. If broccoli isn’t your favorite, replace it with asparagus or green beans instead! This dish is ready to enjoy in just 30 minutes.
Celebrate Meatless Monday with this creamy pasta dish. It’s loaded with veggies and packed with flavor.
Bacon adds a delicious smoky flavor to this pasta dish that features two different kinds of cheese! It’s easy to pull together and is on the dinner table in 30 minutes.
Easy Bow Tie Pasta Recipe
- 1 pound bow tie pasta
- ½ pound cooked chicken chopped, you can also use cooked bacon bits
- 5 large cloves garlic minced
- 8 ounces brick cream cheese cut into pieces
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
Optional for Serving
- Parmesan cheese grated
- fresh dill
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Cook the pasta according to the package. Add the peas for the last 2 minutes. Drain and toss with a small amount of oil to avoid sticking. Set aside.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add the cooked chicken cubes and stir until just crisp.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add the cream cheese, ricotta, salt, pepper, and optional red pepper flakes. Stir until thickened and smooth.
- Add the cooked pasta and stir to coat it completely.
- Garnish with grated parmesan and fresh dill if desired. Serve immediately.
- This sauce is thicker than a typical Alfredo-style sauce and will cling to the pasta. For a looser sauce, add pasta water or broth.
- Short pasta like rotini, penne, or cavatappi works well.