Easy Keto Breakfast Without Eggs: Dragon Fruit Smoothie Recipe
This smoothie is creamy, healthy and packed with nutrients! It’s ready in less than 5 minutes, and made with almond milk so it’s naturally dairy-free and vegan. This refreshing smoothie has the vibrant pink color and is the perfect quick and easy breakfast, snack or dessert!
Servings 2 people
- 2 cups dragon fruit 2 frozen pitaya packs or 1 medium dragon fruit*
- 1/2 cup almond milk** unsweetened
- 1 large whole banana*** frozen
Toppings - Optional
- granola and seeds such as chia seeds
- fresh fruits such as kiwi,banana, blueberries, strawberries
If using fresh dragon fruit, chop it into small cubes and freeze overnight. (If you use frozen pitaya packs, you can use them directly.)
Gather together all the ingredients and slice frozen banana into chunks.
Pour almond milk into the blender first.
Add frozen banana and dragon fruit.
Secure the lid and start to blend on low speed and increase to high. Blend for about 30 to 60 seconds or until the mixture is evenly smooth. (If the smoothie is too thick, add more almond milk; if it’s too thin, add more fruits.)
Pour in glasses or bowls and garnish with optional toppings.
- * If you cannot find fresh red dragon fruit, you can use frozen Pitaya Plus smoothie packs.
- **You can substitute milk or yogurt for almond milk
- ***You can substitute strawberries or raspberries for bananas for the keto option.
I recommend using a high-quality blender such as Vitamix for this recipe.