Healthy Morning Breakfast Egg Muffin Recipe
Made with eggs, cheese, bacon and veggies, these breakfast egg muffins are the answer to easy meal prepping! With just a few minutes required to put this together, this recipe allows you to freeze and pop in the microwave when you’re ready to eat.
Servings 12 servings
- Non-stick cooking spray (It's important to use non-stick cooking spray, as the regular oil spray won't prevent eggs from sticking.)
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup cooked bacon crumbled (I use store-bought pre-cooked bacon, but you can cook your own if inclined)
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach roughly chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper diced
- ½ cup onions diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I use pre-shredded cheddar cheese, you can use your favorite cheese such as mozzarella)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
How to cook egg muffins:
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with non-stick oil spray and set aside.
Wash, dry and dice red bell pepper and onions. Dry spinach and chop it roughly.
Add cooked bacon, red bell pepper, onions and spinach in each muffin tin, about 2/3 full. (Divide evenly among greased muffin cups.)
In a large measuring cup, whisk eggs and season with salt and pepper. Mix until well combined. (I recommend using a measuring cup for easy pouring.)
Add in the egg mixture and fill each muffin tin 3/4 full. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.
Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
As soon as you take the muffins out from the oven, run a small spatula around the edges of each muffin to loosen.
Remove them from the muffin tin. Serve warm immediately or freeze for meal prep.
How to freeze egg muffins:
- You can also use paper liners instead of cooking spray to prevent the egg muffins from sticking to the muffin tin.