Homemade Lemon Truffles Recipe
These Homemade Lemon Truffles are tangy, creamy and sweet. All you need is a few simple ingredients. After mixing the cake mix, sugar, butter, and lemon juice together, roll into small balls.
Servings 20 Truffles
- 1 box lemon cake mix (15 ounces)
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest optional
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Pour the lemon cake mix onto a baking sheet and spread it evenly. (You can substitute vanillas cake mix.)
Bake for 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, mix the baked cake mix, sugar, melted butter, lemon juice, and zest until it starts to form a dough.
Scoop some dough into a spoon and roll each into 1 1/2-inch balls. Tip: Butter your hands with the solid cube of butter, so that the balls won’t be too sticky to handle.
Roll each truffle into the sprinkles to coat and set onto a separate plate or container.
Chill for an hour to set.
Cover tightly and store truffles in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Freezing Instructions: For longer storage, store the truffles in a freezer-safe bag or container and freeze up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before enjoying.
- Lemon cake mix: I use lemon flavor, but you can also use vanilla cake mix.
- Butter: Use unsalted butter, otherwise, your truffles can taste too salty.