When you’re hosting a brunch or baby shower, it can be hard to choose a dessert that’ll please everyone. Mini Strawberry Cheesecake Bites are universally delicious and are a low-calorie alternative to a slice of cheesecake.
These irresistible strawberry cheesecake bites are always a crowd favorite! Fresh, juicy strawberries are dipped in chocolate, filled with a sweet, creamy filling and served chilled. They’re sure to become your new favorite treat.
Mini strawberry cheesecake bites are sweet, creamy and super easy to make. With a simple, no-bake recipe, you can quickly whip them up before guests arrive for brunch. If you’re intimidated by the idea of making cheesecake, give this easy variation a try!
Ingredients for Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
- Strawberries: Fresh strawberries are hollowed out to make a “cup” for your cream cheese filling. You can make your cheesecake bites bigger or smaller depending on the size of your berries.
- Chocolate Chips: You’ll be melting chocolate chips to make a decadent dip for your strawberries. Any chocolate chips will do for this recipe – white, dark or milk.
- Oreo Cookies: Crumbled Oreo cookies add a delicious crunch to your cheesecake bites. If you prefer something more traditional, substitute with Graham crackers.
- Cream Cheese: Any brand of plain cream cheese will do for this recipe. Use a light cream cheese for a low-calorie, guilt free dessert.
- Sugar: We recommend using granulated sugar for this recipe. Brown sugar works just as well, but may affect the color of your cream cheese filling.
- Vanilla: Using pure vanilla extract will always yield a tastier dessert. You can also use almond extract or maple syrup.
- Butter: Allow your butter to soften by leaving it out at room temperature thirty minutes before you’re ready to begin. You can use dairy or plant-based butter for this recipe.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder: Since you’ll be using sugar, be sure to pick up unsweetened cocoa powder. If you have sweetened cocoa powder, be sure to adjust your sugar.
- Whipped Cream: Whipped cream adds creamy texture and a sweet taste to your cream cheese filling. You can also use whipping cream or evaporated milk.
How to make Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
1. Rinse strawberries and pat dry with paper towels. Remove the green leaves from them and hollow out with a knife.
2. Dip the pointy end of each strawberry into the melted chocolate chips.
3. Then dip the pointy end of each strawberry into the pulverized oreos.
4. Place onto the prepared baking sheet.
5. Mix together cream cheese, butter, vanilla, cocoa powder and sugar in a bowl.
6. Add the remaining melted chocolate into the mixture until incorporated.
7. Mix in the whipped cream.
8. Fit a pastry bag with a small star decorating tip, and pipe the cheesecake filling into each strawberry. Serve and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- Dry your strawberries completely before dipping into chocolate: For best results, make sure your strawberries are totally dry before dipping into the chocolate. This allows the melted chocolate to stick to the surface of the berry.
- Make sure to use softened cream cheese and butter: Allowing your cream cheese and butter to soften at room temperature is key. When the ingredients are more malleable, you’ll have an easier time combining them.
- You can use graham crackers instead: Prefer a more traditional cheesecake? Swap the Oreos for Graham crackers!
How to Store Strawberry Cheesecake Bites?
If you won’t be serving them right away, it’s best to store your cheesecake bites in the fridge. The strawberries, chocolate and cream cheese filling don’t fare well at warmer temperatures.
You May Also Like
Strawberry Cheesecake Bites Recipe
- 12 oz strawberries
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons crumbled Oreo cookies
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 ½ tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup whipped cream
Prepare the Strawberries
- Rinse strawberries and pat dry with paper towels. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Pulverize the oreo cookies and place into a small bowl.
- Remove the green leaves from the strawberries and hollow out with a knife.
- Then cut the top 1/4 inch off the pointy end.
- Dip the pointy end of each strawberry into the melted chocolate chips and then into the pulverized oreos. Place onto the prepared baking sheet.
Make the Cheesecake Filling
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, butter, vanilla, cocoa powder and sugar.
- Add the remaining melted chocolate into the mixture until incorporated.
- Mix in the whipped cream.
- Fit a pastry bag with a small star decorating tip. You can also use a squeeze bottle.
- Pipe the cheesecake filling into each strawberry. Serve and enjoy!
- Store them in the refrigerator before serving.