Even though my kids are getting older, I still love being able to do fun crafts with them. This Parrot Craft for Kids was a fun idea that we came up with because we had extra cups left over after a family party. Crafting is always better when you can use supplies you already have on-hand! Even if you don’t have extra cups, you can head over to your local dollar store & pick some up. What kinds of crafts do you like doing with your kids?
- Red paper or plastic cups
- Large googly eyes
- Red, blue, green, blue, and orange craft feathers
- White card stock
- Black marker
- Yellow and orange yarn
- Hot glue/hot glue gun
- Fold your white paper in half, draw a beak with the flat side on the folded edge, and cut out with scissors.
- Color the bottom half of your parrot beak with your black marker and glue to the center of your red cup.
- Glue two googly eyes above the beak.
- Wrap a yellow and orange piece of yarn around the cup about 4 times going around the beak and eyes and secure the ends with glue.
- Group 3-4 feathers together for parrot wings and glue them to the front sides of the cup with the bottoms by the bottom edge of the cup.