Shredded chicken is a delicious and easy addition to a variety of meals. These 15 Easy Shredded Chicken Dinner Ideas are sure to become family favorites for years to come.
Whether you crave shredded chicken tacos or the creamy flavors of a BBQ shredded chicken casserole, these recipes will satisfy you.
Easy Shredded Chicken Dinner Ideas
Egg noodles, tender pulled chicken, chicken broth, and fresh vegetables combine to create this comforting and classic soup. Leftovers can be put into large freezer bags and stored for up to 3 months in the freezer.
Cooking the chicken in a sealed plastic bag helps lock in the seasonings and makes the chicken tender and juicy. A healthy alternative to traditional shredded chicken, this recipe has only 87 calories per serving.
Cooking the chicken in an Instant Pot means that this recipe is ready in 30 minutes without the hassle of dirtying many pans. Serve this deliciously tangy pulled chicken on sandwiches, on top of a salad, or as a side dish.
This classic Taco Bell recipe copycat is a flavor combination of shredded chicken, cheddar cheese, and cilantro lime rice. Serve with avocado-ranch dressing for a delicious meal.
Chicken, sweet corn, cheddar cheese, and tangy barbecue sauce combine in one pan in this easy to prepare and serve recipe. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for 3 to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Combine chicken breasts, onions, and the homemade sauce in a slow cooker to create this delicious dish. Cook for 8 hours at low temperature, then pull apart with two forks and serve on crusty buns for a yummy meal.
Chicken, buffalo sauce, white vinegar, butter, and spices combine to add flavor and zest to this recipe. Easy to make using either a slow cooker or the stovetop, this recipe makes delicious chicken that you can use in a salad, on a sandwich, or in a quesadilla.
Marinating chicken thighs in a smoky spice sauce gives this recipe a burst of flavor. Once the chicken has been pan-seared to a deliciously crispy brown, it can be easily shredded into pieces using two forks and then added to your favorite Mexican recipes.
Smoky chipotle-tomato sauce gives these quesadillas an extra kick of flavor. Filled with shredded chicken and melted cheddar cheese, these are the perfect meal to serve hot from the pan.
These healthy and easy-to-prepare nachos combine shredded chicken breasts and tortilla chips with various toppings, including red onion, diced tomatoes, and avocados. Super easy to make using a baking tray in a 350-degree oven, these nachos are an excellent option for a meal or a late-night snack.
Easy to prepare in 30 minutes with pan-fried chicken pieces, this recipe is bursting with delicious Mexican flavors. Old El Paso hard taco shells can be used to give the meal crunchy goodness.
Shredded chicken and Mexican-style cheese stuffed into corn tortillas and topped with enchilada sauce create this easy and delicious meal. Top with chopped cilantro, diced tomatoes, diced onions, avocado slices, and sour cream for an even tastier dish.
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are combined with BBQ Sauce, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar in this savory meal. Easy to make by adding all the ingredients in the crockpot and cooking either on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 6 to 7 hours.
Pasta, salsa, sour cream, taco seasoning, shredded chicken, and cheese come together to create this creamy, delicious Mexican dinner. Mix all the ingredients and bake in one pan for easy clean-up.
Shredded chicken breast is mixed with cabbage, grated carrots, sliced green onions, and chopped roasted peanuts in this fresh, Asian flavored dish. A tangy vinaigrette dressing gives the salad flavor without the extra calories of a creamy one.
Shredded Chicken Dinner: Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 2 cups egg noodles
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 12 oz canned chicken or shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cloves garlic minced (optional)
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 medium carrots peeled and sliced thin
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- 8 cups chicken broth low sodium recommended
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried thyme
Serving – optional
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley minced
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Drain and rinse the canned chicken.
- Place a 6-8 quart stockpot over medium heat. Add the olive oil, arlic, onions, carrots and celery to the stockpot. Sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Add canned chicken, chicken broth, bay leaves and thyme. Raise heat to high and bring the soup to a boil, skimming off any impurities that rise to the surface with a large spoon.
- Remove Chicken. Using two forks, shred the chicken into smaller pieces.
- Add egg noodles to the broth and bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until noodles are tender.
- Remove bay leaves and discard. Stir in the shredded chicken along with the optional parsley and lemon juice.
- Taste the soup and season with salt and pepper to your preference. Serve and enjoy!
- If you’d like to have more broth in your soup, you can add more water or broth. Adjust seasoning accordingly.
- Adjust the salt level at the end before serving to suit your preference. It’s easiest to control if you use low-sodium or unsalted chicken broth.
- You can swap oil for butter for extra flavor. You can also add a few chili flakes for a spicy kick.
- You can cook the noodles separately from the soup to save time.
- You can use different herbs like rosemary and oregano instead of thyme. Fresh is best, but dried herbs will work well too.