Mahi-mahi is a sweet, firm and mild-flavored fish with vibrant yellow, green and blue skin. Not only is it a beautiful fish to look at, but it tastes good, too.
These are the best mahi-mahi recipes to try if you love fish. The ingredients in each dish complement the fish perfectly and leave your taste buds wanting more.
This blackened mahi-mahi sandwich is ideal for a weekend lunch. The mahi-mahi features flavors of cayenne, chili powder, cumin, and oregano, and it’s served with delicious sweet potato fries!
This simple dish is ready to serve in just 25 minutes. Serve it alongside steamed rice and roasted sweet potatoes for a meal your family will love.
Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs pair up with Greek yogurt and mayo to crown the mahi-mahi in this dish. It’s a super tasty dish your family will love.
These mahi-mahi fish tacos will be on heavy rotation for Taco Tuesdays. They’re served with a refreshing strawberry pineapple slaw that’s full of flavor and textures.
The brown butter sauce in this dish features lime juice, honey, and garlic. The fish is topped with fresh avocado salsa for a delicious combination of flavor and texture.
Fire up the grill to make this delicious grilled mahi-mahi with balsamic tomato salad. It’s the perfect dish for a warm summer evening and takes about 30 minutes to make.
The vibrant green of the chimichurri sauce is striking against the creamy white color of the mahi-mahi. Serve this impressive dish to guests at your next party! It’s ready to enjoy in just 20 minutes.
The lemon garlic cream sauce in this dish perfectly complements the mahi-mahi. Serve it with your favorite sides for a delicious meal.
Serve these Greek mahi-mahi tacos when you’re craving something light and flavorful. They’re topped with salty olives and feta cheese and are delicious with tangy tzatziki sauce.
Mahi-mahi bakes alongside zucchini, bell pepper, red onion and garbanzo beans in this healthy dish. It’s a one-dish meal that cooks up beautifully in just 40 minutes.
The Tahitian vanilla sauce served with the mahi-mahi is something special! Round out this meal with fried rice and steamed veggies.
Tangy olives and capers bring bold flavors to this Mediterranean-inspired dish. Serve it with steamed rice and a green veggie for a complete meal.
Easy Perfect Mahi Mahi Recipe
- 4 mahi mahi filets
- 2 tablespoons salted butter softened
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place the oven rack in the middle position and preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a small pan, combine all of the ingredients except the mahi mahi, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Stir well and set aside.
- Pat the fish with paper towels to remove the excess moisture and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a large oven-proof pan, heat the olive oil over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the fish filets and cook for about 3 minutes until browned. Do not disturb the fish while it’s browning. Carefully flip the fish to the other side and turn off the heat. Leave the fish in the pan and place the pan in the oven.
- Roast the fish for about 5 minutes, just until the top is golden and the center is cooked through. About one minute before the fish is cooked, heat the lemon-garlic mixture in a small saucepan over medium high heat, stirring constantly until the mixture is bubbly and melted.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and pour over the cooked fish. Serve immediately with your favorite sides.