The opinions in this article are my own. I do not work for, or with, any brand mentioned in this article, nor do I have any official relationship with them. I have a relationship with GigaSavvy, for whom I create original editorial content.
Knott’s Berry Farm is one of my favorite places to visit in Southern California and has been since I was a little kid. There are so many pictures of me with Snoopy, Charlie Brown, in Camp Snoopy or coming off of Bigfoot Rapids soaked to the bone. We always knew that we were going to have a great time when we went to Knott’s!
Now that it’s Spring, Knott’s Berry Farm is busy getting ready, putting up decorations and scheduling fun things for us to do with our families. Starting April 12th, the second annual Knott’s Berry Bloom is back with displays of beautiful spring colors, fun interactive activities for your families, gourmet food & wine tasting opportunities & more!
In the brand new Ghost Town Boysenberry Festival, the delectable berry that started it all is honored in inventive & delicious ways. You will be able to wine, dine and buy boysenberry products throughout the streets of Ghost Town. Make sure to take pictures in front of the rustic banners and oversized boysenberries. The Original Roadside Boysenberry Stand that was first created by Walter & Cordelia Knott, will be recreated for this event & you’ll have the chance to buy boysenberry plants & preserves!
There really is SO MUCH happening during this great event. Here is just a small sample of what you can expect:
- Inside Wilderness Dance Hall – boysenberry inspired gourmet food and wine offerings from around the world
- Ghost Town – filled with the mouthwatering aroma of ribs, chicken, and other charbroiled treats smothered with boysenberry glaze and cooked on open-air BBQs throughout the streets of the festival. When the sun sets on Ghost Town, the buildings and midways light up in festive boysenberry purple hues.
- School House Road – You’ll be able to try to win some western themed games with a boysenberry twist! Winners can take home an exclusive Boysenberry Festival prize. In front of the Birdcage Theater, there will be a daily pie eating contest!
- Demonstrations in Ghost Town – jarring homemade jam, blacksmithing, and cooking up finger lickin’ homemade boysenberry glazes.
- Two interactive shows will keep you entertained – Peanuts Party in the Park returns bigger and more interactive than ever with an all-new rockin’ set list, more Peanuts characters, and tons of fun surprises in Charleston Circle. And this year Knott’s debuts a new night time dance party, Bloomination! After sundown, larger-than- life flowers and butterflies affixed to the Charleston fountain light the night with LED lighting effects; butterfly stilt walkers prance among the crowd, and a DJ spins the hottest dance music for all ages.
- Near the Xcelarator roller coaster, you can challenge members of your family to an oversized game of shuffle board, giant tic tac toe, larger than life bowling, and more at Big Boardwalk Games.
- In the Camp Snoopy Theatre, the all new musical revue, Flower Power, will showcase the Peanuts pals singing, dancing, and celebrating springtime to cheerful tunes – and they just might invite little ones on stage to celebrate with them! As part of the 30th celebration of Camp Snoopy and renovation of the entire land dedicated to kids, guests will enjoy the show in the comfort of the new audience shade structure!
- Easter Beagle’s ENORMOUS Egg Hunt – Five interactive Easter Beagle locations will be prize locations for kids 3-11, who are on the hung for springtime fun! At the end of the hunt, explorers will head to a grand finale meet & greet location with Snoopy in an area of Camp Snoopy created just for this attraction!
Knott’s Berry Farm will be open extended hours from 10am to 10pm during Knott’s Berry Bloom, April 12 – 27, 2014, allowing you and your family a chance to squeeze in as much fun & excitement as possible. For information about the day you plan to visit and available discounts, visit www.knotts.com, call (714) 220-5200, or download the Knott’s Berry Farm mobile app for your smartphone.
I am so happy to say that I am giving away TWO tickets to Knott’s Berry Farm! Enter below on the Rafflecopter & GOOD LUCK! Giveaway ends March 30th at 11:59pm Pacific. Open to the US only.