I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for American Express Serve. I applied for the Serve Cash Back card to facilitate my review and received a promotional item to thank me for my participation.
Over the last couple weeks, I have been using my American Express Serve Cash Back prepaid debit card for a lot of the household purchases, as we are making big changes to our budget. With big changes comes being more and more responsible for every purchase, whether big or small. I’ve never been good at sticking to a budget but I’m trying to get better at it each day.
One of the things that we spend WAY too much money on is eating out at our favorite restaurants. With 5 people in our family (one of those being a teen boy that LOVES to eat), eating out can get very expensive. Setting a budget and sticking to it when we’re eating out is very important. At the beginning of the pay period, I transfer the allocated amount onto my American Express Serve Cash Back card. That’s our “eating out” money and once that money is gone, that’s it for going out to eat. It keeps us on budget & on track for paying the bigger bills we need to pay & putting more money into our savings account.
Benefits of having an American Express Serve Cash Back prepaid debit card
- You will have convenient and easy access to money management tools at no or low cost
- Earn 1% cash back on purchases, whether in a store or online. Cash Back is added to your Account promptly after your purchase and is ready to spend when you choose.
- Access to free Direct Deposit, making it easy to start spending and budgeting
- The ability to pay bills, buy groceries, shop online, withdraw cash from over 24,000 MoneyPass® ATMs
- Use virtually anywhere American Express Cards are accepted
- Low monthly fee of $5.95
- World class customer service
- Access to special offers, content and more from top brands on Facebook, Foursquare, and Twitter
- Purchase Protection, which protects eligible purchases made with the Card against accidental damage and theft for up to 90 days from the date of purchase.
Whether you use the American Express Serve Cash Back prepaid debit card for important budgeting decisions like we do or to set up a card for your teenager and put spending money into their account each month, you’ll love the ease of using it each month. I have the app on my phone & I am able to check my balance, transactions, add money or pay a bill in no time at all!