We’ve collected 15 of the best Hot Appetizers that will win over just about any crowd, from finger foods to kid-friendly recipes!
Burger King fans, stop here! The famous onion rings are about to be yours! They’re crispy, full of onion flavors, and only require a few ingredients to make.
This creamy seafood dip combines delicious seafood, cheese, and spices and is sure to impress. Get creative with different seafood and spices and you can bake more than one variety!
This shrimp appetizer is sweet and spicy, packed with flavors and made with the easiest, and most delicious sriracha sauce! Better and healthier than Applebee’s sriracha shrimp!
A copycat recipe that’s one of the most popular items. Buffalo fries are a Wing Stop favorite that can be recreated right at your home. Crispy and flavorful fries are loaded with chicken wing flavors and finished with cheddar cheese!
Made with pepperoni, sauce and loads of cheese, pizza sliders are a staple at any party! Made in dinner rolls and baked to perfection.
These sweet and spicy wings are baked right in the oven! Coated with a finger-licking addictive sauce, this appetizer is perfect for any type of get-togethers.
Whether you’ve had a blooming onion at your local fair or at Outback Steakhouse – you know just how delicious they are! With step-by-step instructions, you’ll be able to make this appetizer with ease.
Made with just 3 simple ingredients, this appetizer is tender on the inside and crispy on the outside. Serve it up with some maple syrup or a balsamic dip.
This recipe puts a twist on the traditional recipe, giving this dish a great look. Plus, your kids can help with making these! Don’t forget the dips!
Whether you’re a mushroom fan or not, you’ll love this one! Stuffed with crab, cheese, and herbs, this appetizer is perfect for both casual and upscale gatherings!
Ok, grab a napkin because this dip is about to make your mouth water! It’s creamy and filled with hot chicken wing flavors. Perfect for those days when you’re craving some comfort food or hosting a party.
Mac and Cheese coated in Doritos? Yes, that’s a thing! This recipe produces a mouthwatering dish that is crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside. Plus, they’re a hit at parties and amongst kids and adults alike.
These Sweet Potato Tots have a slightly surprising taste – sweet! They’re the perfect vegan treat and will quickly become your new go-to comfort food. You may even be surprised that these err on the healthy side!
An appetizer that makes it easy to share and enjoy with friends. This chili party ring is ready after 20 minutes of cooking time! You can make this vegan by substituting in vegan hotdogs.
If you weren’t a fan of shrimp before, you will be after this recipe! Loaded with sausage, corn, potatoes, and juicy pieces of shrimp! Season to perfection with some cajun spice and fresh lemon.
Best Hot Appetizers Collection
- 1 large white onion
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- vegetable oil for frying
- Slice the onion into 1/2-inch thick rings. Then separate the rings from each other. Keep the large and medium rings. Save the small rings for other recipes.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Coat each onion ring in the flour mixture. Then set them aside.
- In the same bowl with the remaining flour mixture, add milk and egg. Beat well until no lumps remain.
- Dip each onion ring in the mixture and shake away the excess liquid.
- Then coat each onion in bread crumbs.
- Place a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat and add 2 inches of oil. Heat the oil to 375˚F.
- Working in batches, drop the coated onions into the hot oil. Make sure not to overcrowd the pot. Cook them for about 3 minutes in total, flip halfway through.
- Once cooked, transfer the onions to a paper towel-lined plate with a slotted spoon. Immediately sprinkle with more salt.
- Make sure to shake off as much of the excess batter as possible before dipping it into breadcrumbs for the best results.
- Keep the oil temperature between 350 to 375˚F.
- Deep fry in batches so that your onion rings will be extra crispy.