This post is sponsored by Mirum, but opinions expressed are my own.
It’s hard to believe that we’ve made it to another new year. I honestly feel like 2017 was the faster year in my entire life. It just flew by! This year, I decided to take charge of my health and start losing weight in a healthy way. I know that a lot of people make New Year’s Resolutions and while they do fail a lot of the time (at least mine seem to!), I want to make sure I make this lifestyle change, not just another diet.
With the new year comes a lot of people making resolutions to hit the gym. If you’re anything like me, you’ve either never been to a gym or haven’t been in many, many years. That’s nothing to be embarrassed about…we all have to start somewhere. You’ve already made the first step in deciding to go to the gym so let’s get you started on the next step of getting your gym bag together. Having a well-stocked bag filled with essentials is important and doesn’t have to be difficult!
Gym Bag Essentials
- Water Bottle – Keeping hydrated is essential when you’re working out (and even when you’re not). I love filtered water bottles because you can grab water from so many places & have it ready to drink in less than a minute.
- Hair Ties – This is such a must for me. More often than not, I can’t stand having my hair on my neck when I am moving around a lot so having some sort of hair tie or rubber band is something I always try to do.
- Deodorant – This probably should be #1 on the list because it’s THAT important. When you’re moving all around and sweating, having the right deodorant on before and adding more after is just a nice thing to do for all the people around you. I like using Degree Women Motion Sense™ because it helps me to feel fresh, dry and confident all day long no matter what activities I’m doing. MotionSense™ technology keeps me fresher the more I move & stays that way with long lasting 48 hour odor & wetness protection!
- Flip Flops – Don’t forget these for the shower! No one wants to head in there barefoot.
- Headphones – Have a pair that only stays in your gym bag. There’s nothing worse than getting to the gym and realizing you left your earbuds at home.
- Protein/Granola Bars/Bag of Nuts – You never know when you’ll need a little snack so keep a few in your bag at all times.
- Toiletry Bag with trail size 2-in-1 body wash, face wash or dry shampoo
- Towel – If you don’t like using the towels that the gym provides, make sure to always keep one of your own in your gym bag.
- Lip Balm – If your lips always get dry like mine, you’ll be happy every time you reach into your gym bag & find your lip balm exactly where you left it.
- Lock for Your Locker – Don’t forget this so you can lock up your gym bag!
Now that you have some essentials for your gym bag, it’s time to start shopping! Head on over to Rite Aid & pick up your favorite scent of Degree deodorant. I just started using Peach Burst and it smells so good! They are having some great deals so you’ll be dry, smelling great AND saving money. That’s a win-win-win in my book!
- From 12/31/17 to 1/6/18, all Degree products are Buy One, Get One 50%, plus you get 300 Plenti points when you buy 2
- From 1/14/18 to 1/20/18 all Degree products are Buy One, Get One 50%, plus you get 300 Plenti points when you buy 2
- From 1/21 to 1/27/18, buy 2 Degree products and get 300 Plenti points
I just made sure to switch my 18-year-old son’s deodorant to Degree Men Advanced Protection with MotionSense™. Have you ever smelled a teenage boy? Let’s just say that the fact that Degree is motion-activated to keep him smelling odor & sweat-free all day is something I am VERY happy about! The more he moves, the more the MotionSense™ technology keeps him fresher with long lasting 48 hour odor and wetness protection.
No matter if you choose Degree in clinical, dry spray, and antiperspirant varieties, you’ll find that they all offer the latest in deodorizing technology. Don’t be stuck with your old deodorant! No matter if you’re hitting the gym, spending the day with your kids or cuddled up with the one you love, Degree will keep you feeling fresh, dry & confident all day long!