Treat yourself to Greek food any night of the week with our 10 best Greek dinner recipes. With bold Mediterranean flavors and fresh ingredients, you’ll want to eat these dishes again and again.
While the flavors in these meals will certainly transport you to a hot summer in Santorini, there’s something here for any kind of weather.
Pita bread has so many uses and this recipe turns it into pizza crust! It takes less than 20 minutes to make and is a great way to get picky eaters excited about customizing their meals.
These spinach pies wrapped in flaky phyllo dough are wonderful for vegetarians and a sneaky way to get your kids to eat some vegetables. This one is a family recipe, so you know it’s guaranteed to be delicious.
Get a taste of Greece right in your own home with this fresh and colorful salad. This traditional dish uses cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers and onions with creamy feta and black olives for a relatively simple but incredibly delicious salad.
This soup is light and healthy but still the perfect way to warm up on a cold day. It’s garlicky and has tangy lemon and yummy feta cheese to amplify your classic chicken soup. It’s also ready in 30 minutes, so you don’t have to worry about letting it simmer for hours to be loaded with flavor.
Nothing feels more like easy summer cooking than food on a stick and these grilled chicken kabobs are as tasty as they are simple. These healthy skewers have the delicious flavors of Greek cuisine, like olive oil, lemon and rosemary. Make them on the BBQ, in the oven, ahead of time or 30 minutes before your meal… This recipe is adaptable to what works best for you.
Restaurant Gyros are always super tasty, but they seem like a lot of work to make at home. This recipe breaks down the process into something super simple! You’ll need a little extra time, but it will be worth it when the family is full of smiles after an exciting summer lunch.
Turkey Burgers are a healthy alternative to the classic hamburger and these are packed with key Greek ingredients. The patties include Kalamata olives, feta, and spinach for a super flavorful combo that works great on a bun, alone, or with simple sides.
Here’s a great one-pan meal that’s comforting, filling and easy to make on weeknights. The sauce is the perfect balance of garlic and lemon, plus you don’t have to marinate the chicken to make this dish flavorful.
Even the pickiest eaters seem to love lasagna and this Greek Lasagna is no exception. Pastitsio is baked pasta layered with meat, cheese and béchamel sauce. It’s an authentic Greek comfort recipe and if you’ve never tried it, it’s sure to become a new family favorite.
Every potluck needs a Pasta Salad, and this recipe is a great lighter option with a Greek twist. Orzo pasta makes this almost seem like a rice dish and it’s packed with refreshing veggies and zesty flavoring. It makes a great side or even a simple vegetarian lunch.
Best Greek Dinner Recipe: Healthy Greek Pita Pizzas
- 4 pita breads 8-inch size, white or whole wheat
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 tablespoons olives chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 375°F (191°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment or foil.
- In a small bowl, mix together lemon juice, oregano, basil, garlic powder and olive oil until blended.
- Place pita rounds on baking sheet and brush lightly with the lemon-oil mix.
- In a medium bowl, mix together spinach, tomatoes and olives. Add lemon-oil mix and blend until coated.
- Place spinach mixture evenly onto pita rounds.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling.
- Remove from oven. Serve and enjoy!
- If you can’t find pita breads, you can also use flat bread or Indian naan bread.
- If you prefer crispy crust, pull each pita bread apart into two thin halves.
- For healthy eating, consider using whole wheat pita bread, low-fat cheese and low sodium sauce.
- Use a thin layer of sauce to avoid making the pitas soggy.
- For a spicy option, sprinkle red pepper flakes on before the cheese.