Whether it’s a special occasion or just a romantic date night, nothing says “I love you” more than a delicious dinner made by you for your significant other.
Treat your loved one to one of our top date night dinner ideas for a truly romantic evening. Simply add candles, music, and a dessert of your choice! It’s bound to be a memorable night.
Delicious, easy, tender, and ready in just 15 minutes! Filet Mignon is the most tender of all beef cuts. We guarantee a mouthwatering experience! And we’ll even suggest your sides for this one!!
Completely smothered in a creamy and rich onion gravy, these smothered pork chops are tender, juicy and full of flavor! Perfect for a weeknight meal, date night, or any time of the night! Be sure to make some extra sauce to dip or pour over your sides.
Flavorful, juicy, and will make your steak oh-so-tender, this truly is the best flank steak marinade. Flavored with soy sauce, honey, lime, and garlic, the marinade not only tenderizes your meat but adds mouthwatering flavors to every bite.
Is there anything more comforting than a bowl of baked mac and cheese? Sit down, relax, and enjoy this Southern Baked Mac and Cheese with your special someone. Made from scratch with three different kinds of cheese, it’s creamy, cheesy and perfectly seasoned! Be careful; you may not be able to stop eating once you start!
Great for an appetizer or main course! Ready in just 15 minutes, these tender and flavorful clams will have you clamoring for more!
Tender, crisp air fryer BBQ ribs are super easy to make and ready in less than 30 minutes. Simply season the baby back ribs with a dry rub and place them in the air fryer Then coat them with BBQ sauce and you will have finger-licking good ribs every time!
Juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside, sous vide scallops with lemon butter are the easiest way to cook scallops from fresh or frozen. The trick here is to use the sous vide method to cook the scallops and then sear at the end for tender scallops every time!
Penne Alla Vodka. There’s a reason it’s so popular, and you’re about to find out why! Vodka sauce is a mix of marinara and alfredo sauce, and it is delicious! There is no risk of intoxication from consuming this sauce as it will evaporate completely during simmering. Read ahead – you won’t be disappointed!
Warm and savory are the first two words that come out of my mouth when mentioning Bisquick Chicken and Dumplings. Ready in just 30 minutes. The key in this recipe is to keep the dumplings intact, and we’ll tell you how.
Tender, juicy and full of mouthwatering lemon butter flavor, sous vide lobster tails are incredibly easy to make without any searing. You’ll be pleasantly surprised by this no-fail recipe that produces restaurant-quality lobster every time!
Six ingredients and 15 minutes are all you’ll need for these succulent honey garlic shrimps! “Sweet, savory and irresistible” is how one friend describes this recipe. We’ll suggest your sides here, too!
Juicy steak no matter which cut you choose! Sounds good, right? Broiling is one of the best ways to cook a steak. The direct, dry, heat sears the meat evenly, locking in all the juices!
Anchovies on pizza?! Yes, it’s a thing and it’s delicious! This recipe is made with homemade dough, spread with tomato sauce, topped with cured anchovies, olives, onions, and capers and smothered with mozzarella cheese.
Tender, juicy and flavorful every single time! What more can you ask for? This Lipton Onion Soup Meatloaf is made from just 6 ingredients with the Lipton onion soup mix as the key ingredient. Serve alongside some mashed potatoes or asparagus for the perfect meal.
A comfort food that is so creamy and flavorful that you may think you are eating at Olive garden. It’s a simple and elegant dish that you can make in 20 minutes. The best part is it’s budget-friendly!
There’s a reason sockeye is one of the most sought-after types of salmon. Sockeye is not farmed; it’s wild-caught along the coast of the Pacific Ocean from California to Alaska! Delicious!
Perhaps the easiest beef stroganoff recipe you will ever try! Ready in just 30 minutes, the beef is completely smothered in a creamy, garlicky mushroom sauce. Pair it with some noodles, rice or polenta to complete the dish.
Creamy chicken that’s worthy of a marriage proposal! Believe it!! A perfect dish to cook up for that someone special. Bone-in chicken thighs cooked in a creamy sauce with sundried tomatoes, fresh garlic, and parmesan cheese. Great for leftovers, too!!
The perfect meal for two on your date night, Valentine’s day, or any day to show your loved one a little extra love. Quick, easy, and light on the wallet, this sirloin steak is packed with sauteed mushrooms, steamed vegetables, and creamy mashed potatoes; ooh la la!
One of those classic recipes everyone should know how to make. Taking the classic chicken piccata and turning it creamy, this Creamy Chicken Piccata is one to impress! It’s pan-seared golden brown chicken breasts, topped with a lemon sauce and finished with capers and fresh herbs.
Easy Date Night Dinner Idea: Sous Vide Scallops with Lemon Butter
- Anova Sous Vide Cooker
- Sous Vide Cooker
- Zip-loc Bags
- Kitchen Tongs
- Cast-Iron Skillet
- 1 pound scallops 10-12 large sea scallops (454 grams)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste (I used 1/2 teaspoon for each)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 3 cloves garlic minced (or 1 tablespoon minced garlic)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley optional for serving
- Fill a medium-sized container or pot with water, attach the sous vide precision cooker and set the temperature to 123ºF/51ºC. (Or 130°F/54ºC for a firmer texture).
- Remove the tough muscle from the side of the scallops if attached.
- Lightly season the scallops with salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Place scallops in one single layer in a large resealable bag or vacuum seal bag. (Make sure to arrange in one layer. If your bag is not large enough, use multiple bags).
- Seal the bag using the “water displacement” technique or a vacuum sealer.
- Once the temperature has reached the target temperature, place the sealed bag in the water bath and set the timer for 30 minutes. Make sure to submerge the scallops completely in the water.
- When the time goes off, transfer the bag to an ice bath. Leave for 15 minutes (or you can chill them in the refrigerator for about 1 hour).
- When the scallops are chilled, remove from the bag and pat very dry with paper towels (wet scallops won’t sear properly).
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter.
- When butter stops foaming, add scallops and fry for 30 seconds on one side (until a golden crust forms underneath), then flip and fry again for another 30 seconds until lightly browned. Remove from the skillet and transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon butter and garlic in the same skillet. Cook for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add in lemon juice and scrape up any browned bits. Simmer the sauce for about 2 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add cooked scallop back into the pan and toss with the sauce.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.
- If you use frozen scallops, follow the same instructions as cooking the fresh scallops, and add extra 15 minutes of cooking time in the sous vide cooker.
- Set the temperature to 130°F/54ºC for a firmer texture that’s still very tender.