Aioli Sauce is a creamy condiment that’s easy to make at home. You can use it on burgers, sandwiches and seafood for a burst of flavor. Or serve it as a dipping sauce with French fries, onion rings or your favorite vegetables!
Of course, you can always buy a bottle of aioli sauce. However, with just a few ingredients and 5 minutes of prep, it’s easy to make your own!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- truffle (optional garnish)
(Note: Full recipe is at the bottom of the post)
How To Make Aioli Sauce from Scratch
It’s easy to make aioli sauce. You simply need to whisk together mayo with oil, garlic and lemon until smooth and creamy. Be sure to use real mayo for the best results.
Tips and Tricks
- For the best flavor, try to use homemade mayo or real mayonnaise, avoiding mayo alternatives. Regular mayo produces the creamiest flavor, but you can use reduced fat in a pinch. If you don’t have mayo, you can substitute sour cream or thick Greek yogurt.
- You can make this sauce ahead of time: aioli sauce will last 2-3 days stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
Ways To Use Aioli Sauce
- Slather it onto burgers, BLTs or other sandwiches.
- Serve it as a dipping sauce for French fries, tater tots, onion rings, or crab cakes.
- Serve it as a condiment with steak, chicken, pork chops, fish, asparagus or other vegetables.
- Toss it with plain pasta to add flavor and texture.
What Does Aioli Sauce Taste Like?
Aioli Sauce is creamy with a unique earthy, musky flavor and garlic notes. It adds a rich and luxurious taste to many dishes!
How Long Does Homemade Aioli Sauce Last?
Homemade aioli will last for 2 to 3 days stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Note that the garlic flavor will become more intense, so you may want to use less when making it ahead.
Aioli Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 clove garlic grated or pressed
- 1 truffle minced – optional garnish
- Whisk the mayo, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic in a small bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Use immediately or cover and refrigerate.