This post was sponsored by Nature Made as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
In less than a month, my 40th birthday will be here. I have to admit that this fact isn’t sitting well with me. I’ve been trying to figure out why and I guess it comes down to the fact that when I was young, 40 just seemed OLD and also, I’m not really where I thought I would be in my life at this age. However, it’s never too late to start taking better care of myself, leading a healthy lifestyle and try to realize that 40 really isn’t old…that one I’ll have to work on!
No matter what age you are, maintaining a balanced, healthy lifestyle is important. Here are some tips to get you started!
6 Ways to Maintain a Balanced, Healthy Lifestyle
- For me, I have to keep the soda and junk food out of the house. If I buy it, I eat it. That doesn’t mean that you can’t have a treat when you’re out or have a soda if you go out to a restaurant. I just know that for me, if I buy a package of cookies or a 2-liter of soda, it won’t take me very long to finish the whole thing. If they aren’t in the house, I can’t eat them.
- Take your daily vitamins. This one is hard for me, I will admit. I am not good at taking vitamins but know that it is really important. Nature Made is the #1 brand that I use and trust. Nature Made Vitamin C Liquid Softgels is the newest one that I’ve started taking. Vitamin C helps support the immune system and helps neutralize free radicals in the body.† Also, Vitamin C is necessary for the body to manufacture collagen, which is important for healthy skin.†
- Find something that will allow you to de-stress. Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Maybe you like to hike, knit, paint, take a road trip, or yoga or a multitude of other things. Find something that helps you relax and release that stress.
- Plan your meals. This is also hard but when we plan our meals, I already know that that is what we’re going to eat. There’s no temptation to go out to eat and indulge.
- Exercise, whether it’s walking around your neighborhood, joining a local gym or hiking. Find something that you LOVE to do and then it won’t be as hard to do it a few times a week.
- Buy a refillable water bottle and take it with you everywhere. I won’t lie…I hate drinking water. Add some lemon, mint or cucumber to it if you don’t like plain water. We have a water pitcher with a filter that makes filling up our water bottles much easier.
Enter the Nature Made One-Up Your Health Sweepstakes
From now until April 9th, Nature Made Vitamins is teaming up with Women’s and Men’s Health so you can win weekly prizes that will help motivate you to stay healthy. Each week, head on over to Nature Made’s Facebook page and find the Sweepstakes post for that Weekly Entry Period. You’ll be asked to comment on that post and then you’ll be entered to win some really great prizes! Prizes range from Blue Apron, Lululemon, and Sephora gift cards as well as FitBit’s and a one-year membership to Nature Box!
Nature Made is also hosting a grand prize sweepstakes where you can win a great trip! Open through April 9th, the grand prize winner will win a spa vacation, which will include a 4-day/3-night trip for two to the Red Mountain Resort in Ivans, UT. Prize includes roundtrip airfare for 2, a 4-day/3-night stay, daily healthy meals, and wellness activities. Head on over to Nature Made’s website for more details on how to enter.
†These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases.