Here in California, we’ve been hearing about how to conserve water during the California drought more and more each day. This drought has been one of the most severe droughts on record and all Californians have been asked to conserve water as much as possible. In July, our water usage here in California dropped 31.3%, which exceeded the 25% that was asked of us. And while that’s a great number, we can always help to reduce that number even more.
Here are some you can help by conserving water (not only here in California but everywhere!):
- Reduce your showers. An average shower uses 5 gallons of water per MINUTE. That’s a lot of water! Just shortening your shower by 2 minutes will help to cut your water use by 10 gallons. Multiply that by how many people you have in your home and that’s a lot of water per month!
- If you are going to water your lawn, don’t wait until the middle of the day! If you water in the afternoon, the water evaporates before it can even get down to the plants roots and can even cause fungus or diseases in the evening
- Adjust those sprinklers! Make sure that they aren’t watering driveways or sidewalks and only hitting the plants that need it the most!
- Speaking of sprinklers, make sure that none of them are leaking! Nothing worse than thinking you’re watering the plants that need it but it’s actually just getting the sidewalk wet.
- When you’re mowing, keep your grass at 3-4 inches long. Grass that long has deep roots that can access underground moisture, meaning less of a need for surface watering.
- Use Scotts® EveryDrop™ in your garden and yard. It’s a unique blend of agents that help to move water into the soil. It helps to reduce wasteful runoff and helps the water to move water evenly. Using EveryDrop™ can help you to use up to 25% less water on your lawn & landscape.
So, what makes Scotts® EveryDrop™ different? Unlike other products, it EveryDrop™ uses a blend of two unique wetting agents that get the water moving consistently and evenly through the soil. The water gets to the roots, where it’s needed the most.
Scotts® EveryDrop™ is available at California retailers, including Home Depot, Lowe’s and Orchared Hardware Supply, ranging in price from $9.99-$11.99 and comes in a 10 pound bag or 3 pound shaker jug.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Scotts® EveryDrop™.