When we were younger, I think most of us looked at “old people” (you know, those over the age of 30) and thought “I will NEVER be like THAT!” But let’s face it, no matter how hard you try to hold on to your youth, there are just some things that make you more grown-up than other things. Let me share with you some ways that I know I am a grown-up!
1. When I start describing something that happened when I was younger to my kids, almost always start out the conversation with “Back in the day….”
2. When my family and kids ask I what I want for my birthday/Christmas/Mother’s Day, I either give the response of “Oh, I really don’t want anything” (which is the truth) or I end up choosing the always exciting vacuum cleaner I’ve had your eye on for months
3. When taking my tween clothes shopping, I’m always commenting on everything either being WAY too small or every article of clothing reminds me of my own childhood (“Overalls! I had overalls when I was your age!”)
4. When I hear a song that was made when I was younger and it’s now either on the “oldie” station, playing in grocery stores (nothing like walking down the cereal aisle singing along to New Kids on the Block or Backstreet Boys) or playing in an elevator
5. I refer to “that kid” at Target and realize that he’s probably about 24 years old
6. When my husband and I finally get that date night, we head out for dinner…and then can’t think of anything else to do so we head back hometo be with the kids and watch TV
7. Now instead of dying my hair because I’m bored or the store got a new shade of Manic Panic, I dye it because I caught my reflection in the minivan window of way too many gray hairs sparkling in the sun
8. When I realize that all of the board games from my childhood are back and are either called “retro” now or “New & Improved!” What was wrong with them when I played them as a kid?
9. When I get to share my favorite coming of age movies (16 Candles, Pretty in Pink) with my kids and realize that teen movies “back in the day” were so much better and much more appropriate than the teen movies today!
10. When I head to places like Wendy’s to eat with the family, I choose something grown-up like their new Smoked Gouda Chicken on Brioche (but still get the large chocolate Frosty because I’m still young at heart & like my desserts!)
Even though we’re grown-ups, we can still have fun and enjoy great food. Wendy’s® new Smoked Gouda Chicken on Brioche is a distinctive chicken sandwich that awakens your grown-up tastes. We love eating at Wendy’s® and I’ve noticed that they have been introducing some really great, high quality menu items that have ingredients that aren’t usually seen in fast food (natural cheeses, aiolis and artisan breads). The Smoked Gouda Chicken on Brioche is available until the end of September and has a suggested price of $4.79.
The new Smoked Gouda Chicken on Brioche is packed with flavor, including:
- A thick, creamy Dijon aioli with a tangy mustard finish
- A smoked, mild and rich Gouda cheese
- A sweet caramelized onion sauce made from puréed caramelized onions
- A warm, lightly breaded chicken breast
- Sliced red onions
- Fresh spring mix
- All served on a toasted Brioche bun.
When did you realize you were a Grown-Up?
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Wendy’s®.